Archive for December, 2009
- New #Kijubi video from mobile: http://qik.ly/u9C9 #qik #
- New #Kijubi video from mobile: http://qik.ly/u9BJ #qik #
- Blog Post: Instead of a lame holiday party, Team Kijubi Goes ATVing in the Palm Desert: http://ping.fm/mqJqV #
- Qik – atv down hill in palm springs desert by Kijubi http://qik.ly/u7Dm #
- New #Kijubi video from mobile: http://qik.ly/u6Ma #qik #
- New #Kijubi video from mobile: http://qik.ly/u5h9 #qik #
- @jurnii haha good one! #
Hopping on an ATV is an amazing way to get way off the beaten path and access terrain that you might not otherwise ever get to see. We’re all for hiking and biking and horseback riding, but there is nothing quite like letting loose on the throttle and bombing down a sand dune at 50 mph.
Our partners at About.com have a very comprehensive list of the best places to go ATVing in Southern California, complete with driving trails, directions and GPS coordinates.
Before you head out, we recommend taking a look at the ATV Safety Institute’s website, where you’ll find a wealth of information and advise ranging from safety tips to this common sense guide to responsible riding and use of public lands:
- Learn about the area you will ride in. Contact the public land manager or private property owner to ensure that you understand area restrictions and have permission to ride there. Get maps of the area, and stay on trails if they are provided.
- Keep your ATV quiet. ATVs are designed to be relatively quiet while still delivering maximum performance, smooth engine torque and spark suppression. Excessive noise stresses wildlife, and annoys property owners and other recreation users. It also contributes to your own riding fatigue. Less noise means you can ride farther more comfortably.
- Obey trail markers and closure signs. There are many reasons why an area may be closed to ATVs including the existence of fire hazard, refuge to wildlife or plant life and safety hazards for ATV riders. The reasons may not be obvious. If it is posted as closed, stay out.
- Always leave gates and fences the way you found them. This is especially important on private lands where livestock may be kept.
- Leave the area as clean as you found it. If you see litter, pick it up and carry it out on your ATV. Carry a rolled up plastic trash bag and a couple of bungee cords on your ATV. Why not leave the area cleaner than you found it?
- Be courteous to others you may meet on the trail. Always give right-of-way to hikers and horseback riders. Pull off the trail and stop your engine for horses. In most areas, horses are not permitted on trails unless they are accustomed to vehicles, but don’t take a chance. The rider will likely talk soothingly to the horse. It doesn’t hurt for you to do the same to assure the horse you are no threat. Horses respond very positively to a calm, human voice.
- Approach livestock or wildlife on the trail slowly. In some parts of the country, range cattle pass the afternoon under shade trees along a trail. If you startle them, they may run directly into your path. Give them time to react and give them as wide a berth as possible.
- Whenever you talk to a landowner, take your helmet off. The helmet can make you appear to be intimidating and unfriendly. Be friendly and honest in all your discussions with the landowner & you are there as their guest.
- **We absolutely do not recommend trying this
- A word from the founders of Kijubi: http://ping.fm/xGpQw #
- Kijubi Taking a Holiday Bite out of the Big Apple? Tips for a smooth trip to NYC during the holiday season http://ping.fm/K80hx #
- RT @abalonedesigns International Travel Blog: What Kijubi Doing? http://bit.ly/8rVsfm #
- New #Kijubi video from mobile: http://qik.ly/tj9k #qik #
- @smdodd how fast does that wind tunnel go? #
- @debaucheddiva not yet, but stay tuned! #
- Kijubi.com – Solo Skydive + 2 Wind Tunnel Flights, Perris , California http://ping.fm/KFa8j #
- Kijubi.com – Beach Cities Helicopter Tour, Los Angeles, California http://ping.fm/lRzbd #
- @debaucheddiva make sure you check out Kijubi for your indoor skydiving Let us know how it goes by the way! #
- http://tweetphoto.com/6026988 awesome rainbow leaving Urth Cafe in LA #
- http://tweetphoto.com/6026903 lunch at Urth Cafe in Los Angeles. Good stuff! #
- Kijubi hits 50 bookmarks on Delicious ! http://ping.fm/hnuHi #
- Twitter for Travelers: How do you use Twitter while on the road? We share some thoughts on the Kijubi blog http://ping.fm/T96Cr #
- Kijubi Be Playing Paintball? We added group paintball activities perfect for your office holiday party! http://ping.fm/FFJAB #
- http://twitpic.com/s7b08 – Men Alive at Barclay Theatre in Irvine #
- http://twitpic.com/s70rr – At Barclay Theatre at UCI. #
- LOL! RT @Jason What are the most absurd products made with bacon?: http://bit.ly/7BtMrx #
- @skydiver by the way, have you checked out Kijubi.com? #
- Right back at ya! @skydiver RT Just putting it out there: thank you to all my followers for letting me talk to you on a daily basis… #
- @alonzobodden we had a blast last night at your show. Seriously.. made us all laugh so much. Thank u 4 a wonderful time! #
- Anyone want a La Jolla, San Diego Sea Caves Kayak Tour for 2 people…. FREE? #deal #travel #fun #
- @UpTake Nope… we're staying back to hold down the fort and continue business as usual. We do have family coming in. #
- @Michael_Irie Thx! in reply to Michael_Irie #
- Monthly Newsletter: Kijubi having a happy holiday season? We hope so! – http://ping.fm/UaRC4 #
- Kijubi having a happy holiday season? We hope so! – http://eepurl.com/fynQ #
- Kijubi in NY Times http://bit.ly/7Ut2WA #
- Nice to see we got mention too! Gjob! RT @Mimsw Nice going, guys! RT @gliider: gliider in the NYT http://bit.ly/85SWUR #travel #phocuswright #
- @slippytoad same old eh? Keep your chin up! Every meeting counts for something. #
- Please vote for us on The Crunchie Awards! http://is.gd/5azvi Let us know if you do and we'll send you a goodie! #
- @JanessaMarieL No more thinking! Just do it!!! in reply to JanessaMarieL #
- @JanessaMarieL Definitely! Indoor skydiving is such a blast. You have to try it out. Let us know how it goes. in reply to JanessaMarieL #
- @Jason Correction – Angels 4 – Yankees 0 – 1st inning, no outs! #
- @Jason Angels 3 – Yankees 0 – 1st Inning! Angels in 7? #
- @TravelSocial Can you tell me a bit more about @ReThinkHawaii ? #
- Reading: Kijubi.com – A Spot Where You Can Find New Experiences | Visit kijubi.com – http://bit.ly/1JsWur #
- @PhoCusWright Thx for the follow! Can't wait for the show. Should be wonderful. #
- @ABCNewsTravel Nice! Check out Kijubi.com #
- @CAKidTrips Nice start to your twitter account. Welcome!! #
- @mytravelguide check out our website – http://www.kijubi.com – i'm sure you can use our content to make some extra cash! #
- @jlscissors good article http://bit.ly/X8HOA – thx for that. #
- Traveling to California? Check out http://www.kijubi.com for fun things to do while you are there. #
- @Joobili expanding to the US anytime soon? #
- @TravelSocial are you going to be at the PhoCusWright #travel show this year? #
- Universal Studios Hollywood is so much better with the VIP pass. Front of the line and behind the scenes. Nice – http://bit.ly/4fXKVB #
- Ever been to the San Diego Zoo? Discount tickets available at http://bit.ly/2jdDa2 #
- New Activity: Scuba Diving in Miami and Key Largo, Florida – http://bit.ly/2U9jH4 #
- @mashable thx for the wonderful post guys! #
- RT @mashable Kijubi Helps Find “What Could You Be Doing” on Vacation http://ping.fm/bjg3q #
- Thank you! @MissDArmitage RT I ♥ the name! RT @mashable: Kijubi Helps Find “What Could You Be Doing” on Vacation – http://bit.ly/3m9Seb #
- RT @mashable Kijubi Helps Find “What Could You Be Doing” on Vacation http://bit.ly/3wiQkk #
- RT @VegasWill This you at the Yankee game last night?: http://is.gd/4u8Jf @Jason – HA! WE MADE IT! #
- @Michael_Irie I wish the Angels would have done a bit better though. But, it was definitely a blast!!! #
- Great hanging at the Yankees/Angels game with @Jason and @WLIP #
- Loving the Angels Yankees game! #
- Nice to meet ya! RT @alicw3zdb Things to do on Father's Day in California 2009 « What Kijubi Doing? http://tinyurl.com/yjscazw #
- New Activity: GoCar Tours in San Francisco – Starting at $49! http://ping.fm/4cu39 #
- New Activity: GoCar Go-All-Day South Beach Miami GPS Tour – Check it out: http://ping.fm/1stHE #
- New Activity: GoCar Miami Beach Grand GPS Tour – Check it out: http://ping.fm/89dCO #
- New activity: GoCar South Beach Highlights GPS Tour – Check it out: http://ping.fm/jJhm3 #
- @DarinRMcClure #whatchalookingfor? Check out http://www.kijubi.com – we are always running deals on things to do. #
- Just in – Skydiving in Miami!!! Check it out at http://bit.ly/3lrTq9 – Let me know if you have any questions. #
- Do you have what it takes to make money selling FUN with @Kijubi ? Work from home! http://bit.ly/455hNQ – just sign up #
- Earn money selling fun things to do with @kijubi – http://bit.ly/455hNQ #
- Think you have what it takes to make money selling FUN THINGS TO DO? It's so simple! Just go here http://bit.ly/455hNQ #
- JUST ADDED! Skydiving in Miami Florida at a great rate! go to http://bit.ly/3lrTq9 to start jumping #
- @DarinRMcClure what kind of deal are you looking for? #
- Congrats to the LA Dodgers for beating the Phillies in game 2! #
- @rcomseo where did you guys get your indoor skydiving tickets for the company? http://bit.ly/2wn69Y #
- @allroses good luck indoor skydiving! http://bit.ly/2wn69Y #
- @iamlukeydukey So you want to go skydiving? check out http://bit.ly/2wn69Y #
- Want to win free indoor skydiving from iFly in SF Bay or Hollywood? RT this post! http://bit.ly/2wn69Y What @Kijubi Winning? #
- Want to win free indoor skydiving from iFly in SF Bay or Hollywood? RT this post! http://bit.ly/2wn69Y What Kijubi Winning? #
- @gfsteve that's funny! Indoor balloon flights would be rather interesting! http://bit.ly/2wn69Y When do you think that will start? HA #
- Here is one for you thrill-seekers in Los Angeles – Try Bungee Jumping! http://bit.ly/1xKO8O – if you decide to do it, let us know! #
- Have you ever tried paddle boarding? It's like surfing with a paddle! check it out: http://bit.ly/1bMhMK #
- @micheleerinhop definitely let us know how your skydiving experience is once you do it. http://bit.ly/4cH3pm #
- @Mizz_Dei No!!! You should definitely try skydiving – it's such an amazing feeling – http://bit.ly/4cH3pm #
- @hollytravels where are you going indoor skydiving? bit.ly/ig0Wf #
- Indoor skydiving from iFly is SF Bay, Hollywood, Perris, plus other locations – sweeeet – http://bit.ly/ig0Wf #
- Nice.. Zero gravity flights (float around) in California and Florida – http://bit.ly/2tOGOW #
- Awesome – Indoor skydiving in SF Bay from iFly http://bit.ly/2wn69Y #
- @JeanotIsMe Skydiving eh? check out http://bit.ly/4cH3pm if you are doing it in California #
- @stancioff absolutely! we will be launching new destinations @kijubi in the very near future. You will be stoked. Any personal requests? #
- RT @mashable Google Street View Gets a New Vehicle: The Trike http://bit.ly/1DwY86 – Love this! #
- RT @MindSmack Experimental Aircraft Association Mystified by Craft: When the nation's eyes first caught sight of the.. http://bit.ly/CZUEP #
- What @Kijubi doing today? It's finally not raining again in SoCal! #
- RT @bigstartups If you could have one… http://retwt.me/Wo23 #
- @viking2917 nice to meet you, Mark. #
- @stancioff We like Goby! There are wonderful synergies between both Goby and Kijubi. Hope you enjoy both. #
- Kijubi on MSNBC Travel – http://ping.fm/ATmgH #
- Have you ever been Canyoneering? If you haven't, you must check out http://ping.fm/I0jjI and do it. #
- Ready to go skydiving? Check this out: http://ping.fm/PrdsF #
- @KarineMiron Thank you! Hopefully we'll reach Canada really soon! Our French isn't yet good enough – #
- @Kijubi – New Destination Experiences Contender – Interview with the president http://ping.fm/ONxF4 #
- @jw Let's connect – contact us! #
- Check this video out — A word from the founders of Kijubi http://bit.ly/1jHHcr #
- Check this video out — Kayaking in Laguna Beach With The Kijubi Girls http://bit.ly/1Xekvw #
- Check this video out — Kijubi Girls Activities Compilation Video http://bit.ly/1oTRa #
- Check this video out — Power Paragliding in Malibu With The Kijubi Girls http://bit.ly/2AaYcZ #
Having just returned from a week in the Northeast, including a day in New York City, I could really appreciate this post from WorldHum Blogger Mike Barish citing tips for surviving a holiday trip to the Big Apple.
New York City during the holidays is truly magical place… I’ve been fortunate to spend three New Years Eve’s in Times Square and can tell you it’s certainly one amazing life experience everyone should have at least once. But, as Mike points out in typical New Yorker fashion “Before you make your way to New York with visions of sugarplum fairies and miracles on 34th Street dancing in your head, heed the advice of someone who lives here. ”
I was fortunate enough to be led through the myriad of bustling train stations, subways and crowded streets by a seasoned New Yorker on my most recent trip (Thanks Sharon!), but if you aren’t as fortunate, following these tips from Mike could make your holiday trip to New York much smoother:
Pay attention: Most of New York’s tourist destinations are conveniently located where millions of people are trying to conduct their daily business. While you stand in the middle of the sidewalk taking a picture of Times Square, someone whose office is on Broadway and 41st Street is trying to make it to work on time. Step aside for the locals if you want to take a picture. No one will fault you for being a tourist. But you will annoy commuters if you cause them to miss the start of a meeting. Though taking pictures of the Walk/Don’t Walk sign is lame. I’m just sayin’.
Expect (and enjoy) crowds: New York during the holidays is an exercise in organized chaos. Millions of people visit Midtown to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. The Thanksgiving parade draws a huge crowd of locals and tourists. If you’re looking to engage in a tender moment of quiet reflection during the holidays, go into the country to chop down your own tree. Your trip to New York will be shared with hordes of people enjoying the exact same New York holiday. You’ll be gazing at Saks Fifth Avenue’s window displays, the giant tree and the glittery New Year’s Eve Ball with crowds unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Rather than complain about it, get caught up in the energy, pomp and circumstance of it all. New York can feel like a small town if you let yourself share a smile with a stranger.
Have a game plan: There are myriad activities that make New York a tourist mecca during the holidays. Since you’ll be one of millions of tourists, be sure to beat them to the punch so you don’t miss out on anything. Purchase tickets to the Rockefeller Center Christmas Spectacular in advance of your arrival. It will sell out. Plan on watching the ball drop in Times Square? Better stake out a spot early in the day (I’m talking right after breakfast), as it will be impossible to get anywhere close to the action by the afternoon. The city’s Christmas tree is spitting distance from both the Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park ice rinks. Go for a skate and see the tree in one efficient afternoon. Just don’t actually spit on our streets—it’s flu season.
Ask for help: New Yorkers have a reputation for being rude. Rather than buy into the stereotype, put us to the test. If you’re lost or need a recommendation for a restaurant, politely ask someone for assistance. New Yorkers aren’t animals … but we can tell you the quickest way to get to the Bronx Zoo. Seriously. It’s open all-year round and only closes on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Hop on the 2 or 5 train going uptown and exit at the East Tremont Avenue/West Farms Square stop. The signs at street level will help you navigate the two-block walk. See, you just got directions from a local!
Stand clear of the closing door please: You’re going to hear that announcement often when you ride the subway. You may want to hold the door while your friend snaps a picture of the mariachi band on the platform, but you’re holding up the train and keeping people from their day-to-day lives. Your vacation is someone else’s commute. Squeeze in, put your bags between your legs and hold on tight. Besides, there’s a good chance that another mariachi band will be on the train.
Keep your wallet handy: This isn’t a warning about pickpockets. New York is the safest big city in the United States. However, it is also the most expensive. So, be prepared to spend more than you’re used to for meals, souvenirs and event tickets. But, if you accept that beforehand (and budget accordingly), you won’t be upset when you arrive. And please, do not take out your displeasure with prices on service employees. Waiters, housekeepers and cab drivers rely on all of us to make a living and they have gifts to buy this time of year, too.
If you’ll be in the Big Apple for the holidays, these tips are sure to help keep you safe, sane and welcome amongst the locals. Stay warm, stay safe and most importantly…have fun!