Ordering capabilities have been temporarily disabled
“This was a perfect outing for my boyfriend's birthday. I made it a surprise and when we showed up he was so excited. I would love to do it again.”Read All 42 Reviews
Have you experianced this activity/tour first hand? Tell us what you thought! Reviews are a great way to reward a merchant for their outstanding service... or also a good way to let them know you weren't happy.
Experience high-speed runs in the beautiful mountain terrain! Our expert staff of tour guides show you how to have the most fun ziplining in Big Bear.
Get More Details
Location: Big Bear Lake
Children: Ages 8 and up; must weigh at least 75 lbs
Operation: 7 days a week Morning|Afternoon
Customer Pickup: No
- 3-hour zipline tour in Big Bear Lake
- Off-road Safari Jeep takes you 2 miles deep into the forest
- 9-line zipline course flying over the treetops
- rickety suspension bridge included in zipline course
- All necessary equipment - gloves
- Fun and friendly tour guides
- An unforgettable experience!
Things To Bring
- Dress for the weather - we'll be at high altitude in the mountains
- so during winter you should wear extra
- extra layers
- Closed toe shoes or boots - during snow season
- wear shoes with good traction so you don't slip!
- Long hair must be pulled back
- so bring a hair tie
- SNOW CHAINS FROM NOVEMBER TO APRIL
- Your sense of adventure!
The Inside Scoop
$120 per guest
Includes all necessary equipment (gloves, helmet, harness) and transportation from the meeting location to our zipline course in our one-of-a-kind Pinzgauer Safari Jeeps.
7 days a week, year round. Tours typically begin at 9am, 11am, 1pm, & 3pm, and last approx. 2 1/2 to 3 hours. You will be asked to indicate your preference of a morning or afternoon session, and we will indicate your tour time on your final E-ticket.
Ziplining in Southern California
You’re gliding among the treetops, the biting air rushing past your face. You look down at the mountain below you, and the bright, glittering sky above and you wonder if this is how birds feel. Then you realize you’re going much faster than the average bird soaring on the Big Bear breeze. You’ve got gravity on your side. You’re ziplining.
Big Bear zipline tours are the most exciting way to experience Big Bear year-round, weather permitting. The three hour tour includes an off-road ride two miles into the forest in our safari jeeps, with nine high-speed zipline runs that run down our mountain for the most avid thrill-seekers. A beautiful suspension bridge with stunning views of Johnson Valley as a backdrop, Big Bear ziplining tours is truly an adventure. Our all-inclusive tour is outdoor recreation at its best, and its most exclusive.
So whether you’re planning a team-building retreat for a large group, or you’re looking for something new to try with your family, ziplining in Big Bear is the perfect way to spend your day in the mountains.
The ONLY County Permitted Zipline Tour in the Inland Empire
When looking for a thrill, you want to make sure you're in good, safe hands. Many of the "companies" you'll come across are not licensed or permitted to operate these kinds of activities, but rest assured, WE ARE. Action Zipline Tours is the ONLY Zipline Tour in San Bernardino County that has a "PERMIT TO OPERATE" from the county.
What this means to the public is that all of our platform structures have been built to San Bernardino County Building and Safety Codes. All of our ziplines have been built and certified by an ACCT Accredited builder. Safety always comes first, then fun!
Qualifications, Rules & Suggestions
- Ziplining is a rugged outdoor experience. Dress appropriately and keep the weather in mind. It's cold up here in the winter and warm in the summer!
- Sunscreen must be applied before arriving at the tour site.
- Drink lots of water prior to your tour. We will also provide water during your tour.
- No tobacco, alcohol or chewing gum will be permitted.
- No running or horseplay will be permitted during the tour.
- Riders may not have anything attached to belts or belt loops.
- Riders may not bring cell phones, pagers, iPods, MP3 Players, or other easily-lost valuables on their tour. No cameras. We will provide secure lockers at our departure center.
- Riders must always follow tour guides’ instructions.
- Riders must be eight years of age and weigh at least 75 lbs.
- Riders must be able to fit into a harness that is 42” circumference around the waist and the upper thigh circumference is 26".
- Riders must only use equipment provided by us.
- Have fun!
- All customers must fill out and sign a release form.
- All riders must wear appropriate attire, which is as follows: Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing; appropriate shoes for hiking (no flip flops, open-toe shoes, etc.); long hair securely tied back; we strongly recommend knee length shorts or longer; no dangling jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, belt chains, etc.)
- Riders may not have anything attached to belt (cell phones, pagers, wallets, etc.) No cameras. We will provide lockers for storing these items during your tour.
- No tobacco products, alcohol or illegal substances of any kind will be permitted.
- Guides will check each harness before each trip on every zipline.
- Each rider must complete our training program before departure. This includes a safety video at our departure center, and a practice zipline run close to the ground.
- All riders must wear provided safety helmets.
- All riders must stay on trails. This is not only a safety issue for riders and guides, but also for surrounding wildlife.
- All riders must wear seat belts in vans and Pinzgauers.
- Water is provided for your tour.
What is ziplining?
Ziplining is a thrilling outdoor activity during which a rider wears a harness which is securely connected, via carabiner and pulley, to a cable suspended high above the ground. The rider then glides along the cable for a uniquely exhilarating experience.
What does the tour include?
Your zipline tour includes nine zipline runs of various lengths, along with Pinzgauer (a 4-wheeled safari jeep type vehicle) rides to and from our scenic launch deck on the mountain, a walk across a beautiful suspension bridge, historical information about the area from our expert tour guides, plus all the equipment and safety information you’ll need to have a safe and exciting adventure.
How long is the zipline tour?
Your tour will last approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours. You should arrive at our Big Bear Boulevard office and departure point promptly at your designated tour time to watch an instructional safety video and sign appropriate liability waivers. Our van will not wait for late arrivals.
How many zipline runs will we do?
Your zipline tour will take you on nine different ziplines of lengths ranging from 120 - 820 ft.
How fast will we go?
Riders may reach speeds of up to 30-40 mph while ziplining.
Is it scary?
Ziplining is intended to be exciting and produce an adrenaline rush, but safety is our top priority. Our cables can support up to 60,000 lbs. and our ziplines are outfitted with special Prusik braking systems so riders can experience the excitement while still feeling secure.
What are the age and weight requirements?
For safety reasons, riders must be at least eight years of age and must weigh 75 lbs. Riders must be able to fit into a harness that is 42" circumference around the waist and the upper thigh circumference is 26".
Are there any health requirements or stipulations?
Riders must be in adequate health to complete an uphill hike. Riders should not be pregnant, and should be free from back, foot, heart or respiratory problems.
What do we need to bring?
Riders should dress appropriately for outdoor activity in the mountains. Riders must wear closed-toe shoes, preferably tennis shoes or boots. Long hair must be tied back at all times. Riders should also bring appropriate outerwear, and a sense of adventure!
Can I watch a tour but not participate?
Unfortunately, due to the nature of our tours, we cannot allow spectators onto the mountain.
Our ziplining adventure takes about 3 hours. If you get hungry on your way back down the mountain, stop off at Angelus Oaks Restaurant. It's the only restaurant on the way down the mountain, and they have delicious food (and hot chocolate during the winter)!
The Fine Print
Tour cancellations or rescheduling must be made a minimum of 48 hours from your reserved tour time to receive a voucher for a tour at another time. No cash refunds will be given. No cash refunds will be given due to road conditions or road closures.
This Zipline tour is open year-round, weather permitting. In the event that your tour is postponed due to extreme conditions, you may receive a tour voucher to be redeemed at a later time. Tour vouchers will be provided if cancellations or reschedulings are made 48 hours in advance. No cash refunds will be given.
NOTE: Riders must be at least 8 years of age and weigh 75 lbs or more. Maximum weight is 250 lbs. Action Zipline Tours is the ONLY licensed and permitted zipline tour in all of San Bernardino County.